Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cold Weather!!

I don't know about everybody else but it is pretty darn cold around Austin. It makes my body hurt, I can fill every little pin, plate or broken bone I have ever had all the way down to my toe! But...at least it is getting close to Christmas! I love Christmas! I can hardly wait to start decorating. I made some Salsa Chili last night and it was the perfect cold weather food. For anybody that wants to try it here it is.... cook 1lb meet with a small chopped onion, stir in about 2 cups of salsa, 1 can pinto beans, 1 sm can of chiles, and a package of taco season mix. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook about 20 min. If you want it to thicken up just cook in a little flour. Shannon likes his chili real thick. We put it over Fritos and had Frito Pie and it was the perfect cold weather dish for us! So, if anybody else is cold besides us give this a try to warm you up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Pic of the House; Good write-up on the Blog; Thanks for the Salsa chili recipe. :)